Friday, July 29, 2011

thankful little boy


I want to teach my kids to be grateful. I want them to appreciate the little things, to realize how blessed they are even when things aren't going their way. I want them to notice what matters, to realize that life is good, things are good, and that no matter what, there is much to be grateful for. So far, I think that Kaden is learning to appreciate things in his life, big and small. He is always happy with little things. Often we are driving and he will say, "Mom! It's such a beautiful day!" Beckham says thank you for everything and I love it.

The other night during dinner, he just starting going on and on and Matt and I were chuckling and smiling. This boy melts my heart. Even though he can be a handful, I am so proud of the little person he is and I wouldn't change anything about him.

Hey Mama, thank you for loving me. And thanks for being nice to my friends. And thanks for my new bumpy bed (bunk bed). Thank you for feeding me good food and sometimes treats. And thanks for all my trains and toys. And thanks for being nice to Beckham and for feeding him. Thank you for my pool and my trampoline and my sand box. Thank you for reading me stories. Thank you for taking me to roadside to play in the water. Thank you for feeding Daddy and being nice to him too.

I guess it shows what's important to us in this household: food and fun. We try to have lots of both.

No comments: