Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!


Kaden loved the track meet....maybe someday he's going to be the star!



It was a beautiful day. We had to bathe in sunscreen, but it felt SO good to feel HOT!


So happy in his swing


This totally cracks me up...they're making the SAME face!

First off, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all you wonderful mommies! YAY! I had the BEST day today and felt so happy. It still feels weird that I am actually someone's mom. I LOVE IT! Church was wonderful and the RS and primary kids sang a sweet song and I actually started crying like a baby! It was so cute I couldn't help it. I am so happy to have my baby. I can't imagine life without him! Matt was so sweet too, he told me all day "happy mother's day, babe." He kept telling me how wonderful I am, how much he and Kaden love me, etc. It was so sweet...a boost for sure! I think I may be tricking them both...

Saturday we went to the Regional Track meet here in Bayfield. It was so much fun. I found myself wishing I was out there running. Track used to be my passion and sort of my identity. I came to my senses though, and realized that between injuries, general laziness, and having a baby, I couldn't run even if I tried. HA. I love it though, and hope someday I will be able to do it again.

Sorry for the break in updates, we were very busy this week, but nothing too exciting. I worked a lot and that was a blessing. Kaden and I met a bunch of mommies at the park. I am SO happy, there are about 6 other couples our age here, and we are all great friends. We meet periodically and it is so fun to have friends here. I think it's funny I hang out with other married girls with kids...I still feel like I am not even old enough to have a baby and to be doing the "mommy thing". Matt's still been keeping busy working and being my little slave....I have him raking our yard...a never-ending task. Life is fun and we are so happy summer is arriving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Jessica. Isn't it wonderful?!

Kathy said...

I love that last picture, so cute! Happy Mother's day!

Brooke said...

I just want to kiss little Kaden--he's so darn cute! I know what you mean about not feeling like a mom really...sometimes I feel like it's so unreal.