Friday, April 11, 2008

I did it, I did it, I DID IT!

I finished Kaden's quilt and I am so proud! To my surprise it actually turned out really quite good! Plus, I had so much fun making it. YAY! I love all of the bright colors and cute fabric designs. It totally fits my little man...and me!




Kaden approved.....when I gave it to him he started rolling all over it, hugging it, squeezing, and wrestling with it. A good sign to be sure.


A closeup look at the cute fabric. I love the happy frogs and the jungle animals!


I didn't think it was going to be THIS big!


9 comments:

Kara said...

WOW- looks great! That looks like it was a lot of work, but that's something that Kaden will have for the rest of his life! What an accomplishment- good job!

Dan and Ashley said...

Oh Jess I LOVE it! It is so beautiful!!! I want you to teach me!!! Was it really hard?? Quilts are I think one of my favorite things in the entire world. I could have a million and still want more....:) Way to go, I'm so super impressed-you are very talented!!!

Jodi said...

I love the quilt. They are so much fun to make. I love all the bright colors. I'm sure Kaden loves it.

Nicole said...

Wow! Jessica, it looks so good! I absolutely love it! I know Kaden will treasure it for years and years. Congratulations on finishing it!

Jodi Jean said...

wow jess it looks GREAT!!! aidan has a quilt that is 'ama made and he rolls and wrestles with it as well! soooo cute!

nicole said...

Oh my goodness! It turned out awesome! You are one talented lady!

Angela said...

It looks really great! It is fun reading about your family and your insights on life. I especially appreciated the reminder about when you realize you are "doing things that don't matter" It's true that children grow up so fast that if you blink too long, you miss it.
Love from the Owen fam

Jessica Jackson said...

I am VERY impressed! You guys have the cutest little family. Kaden is adorable, and I'm sure he'll love the quilt! What kid wouldn't love a blanket with that many colors on it?

Tiffanie said...

I am thoroughly impressed. Your quilt looks great. I love the color scheme you chose! Great job! My goal is to make a quilt by the time I'm 50! :)