Thursday, December 3, 2009

a little outdoor adventure


This Thanksgiving ended up being one of the best, even though we didn't get to spend it with family. My best friend in the whole world came, and we were together almost every minute. I love Andrea so much. I guess I don't realize how much I really do miss her until she is here. She is a breath of fresh air. We have everything in common, can talk about things serious or not, and we both LOVE to be outside. She just finished nursing school and I am trying so hard to convince her to come live here. Andrea is the most Christ-like person I know. She is kind to everyone, compassionate, empathetic, and loving. I can't imagine my life without her. When she is around the sun seems to shine a little brighter. She made my Thanksgiving holiday absolutely wonderful.

While she was here, we went on a few hikes, went to dinner, movies, and she even helped me clean my house. She mopped my kitchen floor...just about the nicest thing anyone could do for me. I hate mopping. We talked, laughed, and had the best time I have had in a while. She brought her "friend" Justin, and he was the nicest guy. It was such a great week.


The first hike we went on was to a lookout over Bayfield. I had never been on this trail before. It was so beautiful. We all took turns toting Kaden in the pack. That kid is heavy! What a good workout carrying him around--especially when he leans from side to side and practically jumps in there. I love to carry him though...I am sad that by this summer, I am sure he will be too big.

We let him out when we got to the lookout. It was only a little over a mile, but he walked, and RAN the whole way back. He was so happy. He would stop every now and then and run his train through the dirt and snow. What a happy kid he is.

Taking a little break to feed the little one. This baby is a bit spoiled. He HATES the bottle--at least when I feed it to him. He chews on it, gags, cries, and puts up quite a fight. He also has to have his milk very warm. Kaden would eat and drink anything, he didn't care where it came from, how it tasted, or how warm it was.
Our next hike was around the lake in Vallecito. It was quite a brisk and chilly day. We bundled up and had a great time. Kaden insisted on running most of the way. He seems to be quite an agile and athletic child. I can't believe the endurance he has.


When he was tired, or we were tired of him getting distracted, we put him in the backpack--quite a team effort.




Justin and Andrea are so cute. He treats her so well. I keep telling her to quit introducing me to guys that I end up getting attached to.

I think one reason I like Justin so much is the way he treated Matt. He took time to listen to him, and took interest in him. I am so protective of Matt and I hate it when people are not patient with him, don't listen to him, or treat him like he is dumb. Justin didn't do any of that and was so nice to him. He told Andrea he wished he could live by Matt so he could help him, take him to the gym, and do what he could to help him improve.



My turn! What a workout.

Kaden got sick of riding and kept saying, "Momma, I want to get off the horse!"


This was a cool frozen stream. Kaden wanted to slide down, which might have been kind of fun. We had such a great time last week. A family in our ward invited the boys and I over for Thanksgiving dinner, then after I picked Matt up, we went over to another friend's house for another dinner. We felt so much love from our friends and I didn't even have to cook. It was a wonderful holiday, and now we are in full-swing Christmas mode. My house is all clean and glistening with Christmas. I love it. I love this time of year. It makes me happy from the inside.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like a great weekend!
Potty training is so not fun. I made the sticker chart and got a bag off "prizes" for when he went potty, but I didn't really see any progress till I took away a toy when he had an accident and then he could get it back when he went potty. We basically have stayed home for over a week working on this. I also just let him run around naked from the waste down and that seems to have helped him remember, oh and having a step so he can get on the potty himself. Hope that helps some. You would think there would be an easy way of doing this. :)

Jill said...

First...you're crazy. I dont think Id even carry easton in that thing! I'd probably fall over dead after 10 steps...maybe 5. ANd second you're both beautiful. and third....beckham is so stinkin cute, seriously.....