Sunday, December 27, 2009

my buddy is 3

Kaden turned 3 on the 20th. I can't believe it; really, I can't.
He kind of had a rough birthday. We spent a fun-filled weekend up at Aspen Grove with the Barnes-Wood clan and it was a great time. Kaden got tons of attention, too many sweets, and not enough sleep. He was so excited and ran around like a maniac the whole time-he absolutely loved it. His birthday was sort of a comedown/hangover from the weekend and he was whiney, tired, and grumpy. When he finally woke up from his nap he blew out a few candles and opened a couple of gifts. I felt like a bad mom because I didn't really plan anything or do much for his special day. I was so busy packing for our trip, getting things ready for Christmas I didn't put a lot of effort into his birthday. I still am feeling bad about it. He had been so excited for his birthday to come, and when it finally did, he just wasn't himself. I think we'll have a little party for him in January.
I love his face in this picture.
He's a little train freak right now, and doesn't care about much else. He was quite happy with the birthday and Christmas loot this year.

Happy Birthday, little man!

No comments: