Tuesday, May 29, 2012

the real 29

I turned 29 on Friday. I think that from now on I will join all the others who turn 29 every year. It just seems really weird to be almost 30. I don't know how I feel about that. I feel like I haven't changed since I was 18, but I am sure I have. Actually, I know I have. I look at my life and feel really happy about what I have and where I am in my life. It was a fun and relaxing day. Matt worked so the boys and I played. I took them to town and we had lunch, went shopping, got ice cream, and went to the running store for new shoes. I sort of spoiled them, but it made me happy. It must have been a lucky birthday present, because they were happy, sweet, and so fun to be around all day. No tears, no tantrums, no whining. They said cute things and made me laugh. I honestly loved every minute. I got lots of hugs and kisses and "happy birthday"s. We got a babysitter and my parents took us out to eat at a restaurant on the lake. It was definitely in the top 5 best meals of my life. My mom made me a delicious cake and I've already almost eaten it all by myself. They are so good to me. Matt can be forgetful when it comes to special dates, but I try to remember he does the best he can, and my family and friends always make me feel so special. Matt always makes me feel special too, even if he forgets a card. I told him it was okay, I spent his money on new shoes that feel like running on a cloud. It was a happy day.

No comments: