Tuesday, September 20, 2011

how do I love you? let me count the ways...

I love you on your best, and very worst of days...


Matt and I celebrated 7 years of marriage back in August. It's crazy how life has gone the last seven years. There have been many ups and downs, tears and laughter, kids, noise, work and play. I still wish we could say we are experts, or even good at this adventure of marriage, but we aren't. We still have our flaws, we still argue about the same stupid things that we should really just let go and let be. We still throw our arms in the air and stomp off dramatically sometimes.

We also continue to laugh often and tease each other playfully. We still try to make things fun. We are both still easy-going and peace loving so we try really hard to keep the home happy. We still try to love each other better and make each other smile. We still feel so fortunate to have one another. The good and the love in this marriage outnumbers the crazy things and the silly arguments 100fold. We still work at things and it always pays off.

I know I have a lot more growing and maturing to do. Matt is amazing. He is forgiving and loving. He is patient, kind, lets me get away with more than he should, and treats me like a queen, like God's gift to the world. I am so appreciative of him, of his love, and of the things he continues to teach me, day in and day out. I am so grateful that we continue learning to love each other better, and that we are on this journey together. I can't think of anyone I would rather try to navigate this crazy life with than him. I love him more than I can say. Happy seven years, Handsome!

No comments: