Tuesday, July 10, 2012

we are free!

The 4th was a fun day for us.  We had our traditional day.  We went to the pancake feed and then Matt had to get to work.  The boys and I met up my family for the parade.  It's a typical small town parade; we knew half the people in it.  The floats aren't spectacular and horses leave their mark all over the road.  Sirens scream and people cheer.  I love the feel of a small town.  I belong here.

Beckham was a happy camper in the shady stroller. I went and sat on the street with Kaden and I loved it.  He is just such a happy and excitable kid.  His happiness is contagious.  He loved the parade.  The poor little guy overheats so quickly so we dumped water on him every few minutes.  He is precious.  After the parade we headed over to the park and the kids played in a bounce house and on a giant slip-and-slide for the longest time.  I kind of wanted to join in...

In the evening we went to my parent's house for a bbq.  Our whole family was there and it was so fun. I love it when we all get together.  I almost forgot it was still the 4th because we didn't see any fireworks.  There was a statewide ban.  I missed them but the day was great anyway.  We even got some rain!
So proud to be an American.

No comments: