Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Beautiful Fall Wedding

This last week Matt, Kaden, and I flew out to California for his mom's wedding. It was a quick trip but we had a great time and the wedding was beautiful. Traci married David Barnes, and we couldn't be happier. We love him and welcome him into the family. It's amazing how much a family can grow in one weekend! They were married on Oct. 27th in the Sacramento Temple and the ceremony was very special (and yes, of course, I cried like a baby!). We are excited for them to be together and to have Dave in the family. He is loving and fun, and treats us like his own kids.


We took this cute picture at Dave's house. I think it's great...I love the boys in the tree. His yard was pretty fun...it was huge and he had horseshoes, a trampoline, jungle gym, tree house....the perfect play place for boys...



YAY!!!! A new and different toy to play with!



This little boy LOVES to be outside in the sunshine. We went to Apple Hill, toward Lake Tahoe, and played outside, looked in shops, and had the best apple fritters. It was a fun day. Kaden loved watching the geese in the pond, watching the kids run around, and tasting new yummy foods.



Little red-headed Mohawk man



I am thinking we look pretty darn good together....what do you think?



So happy and in love....the happy couple coming out of the temple.



Handsome....HANDSOME men...



The whole BIG happy family....now the Barnes have 11 kids....plus 4 spouses and a girlfriend....and 2 grandkids...WHOA! (I guess that may not be a huge family to some...but I only have 5 first cousins...so to me this is a giant family!)



These two were like giddy young newlyweds....so cute. (No more teasing Matt for his OVERLY affectionate maneuvers....)



We took pictures at the Park's house....where Matt and I had our open house. It is still the most spectacular yard I have ever seen. The fall colors were amazing and made for GREAT pictures.



Traci's kids and spouses: Connor, Nicole, Matt, Jessica, Craig, Kara, Gabe, and Trevor.
Aren't we a GOOD-LOOKING bunch?!?!?!

3 comments:

nicole said...

Congratulations to Matt's mom! What a beautiful wedding. I love the fall colors she chose, and how beautiful the pictures look with all the pretty leaves in the background! Yes, you are a pretty good looking bunch if I say so!

Josephine said...

Such a gorgeous season for a wedding. I am glad everyone is super happy. Kaden has grown so much, he is starting to look like a little man.

Kris said...

Jessica, thanks for posting the pictures, it was great to see Traci so happy and all the cute family! I wish we could have been there. It looked like a beautiful day.

Your Halloween costumes were adorable!