Friday, November 20, 2009

on my mind

For the past week this remarkable family has been in my thoughts and prayers nearly constantly. Precious Gage went up to live with Heavenly Father on Sunday afternoon, and his memorial service was yesterday. He was only a few weeks older than Beckham, and every time I look into my sweet baby's eyes, I think of Gage. I didn't even know him, and I haven't seen Tara or Isaac in years, but their tragedy has hit so close to home. I cannot even pretend to understand or feel a hint of what they are going through, but I do know what it is like to have your world completely shattered. I know what it is like to love a child more than life. I can only imagine what their family must be feeling right now.
-
My heart has literally been aching for them. I have shed tears and I wish that there could be some way I could help to ease their heavy burden.
-
Through all of this, I have been so impressed with their maturity, grace, humility, gratitude, and never ending faith. It has been such a strength to me and countless others. Despite a nearly paralyzing tragedy, they are able to praise God and see the many blessings that were and are ever present, despite the unimaginable heartache.
-
Things like this are so humbling. They bring you to your knees and you don't get up for a very, very long time. These experiences are faith building. It is amazing how one little life was and is able to touch hundreds of people, around the world, build faith, and bring people closer to a loving and all knowing father in Heaven. I cannot understand why some things have to happen. I will never know the purpose of all things, but I do know this: God is good, He does have a plan, and he loves his children more than we will ever comprehend. This bring peace and comfort into the hearts of people who mourn.
-
This is another reminder in my life not to take things for granted. To try to enjoy every moment with my precious children and wonderful husband. To focus on what really matters. To always remember to have faith and to count my blessings. I am so sorry for the incredible loss the Fleeners have experienced. I am so sorry for the tragedies that happen in any one's life. I am so thankful that I know there is a plan and there is a God and Savior who love unconditionally and who will envelope us in their arms and carry us through.

No comments: