Monday, February 18, 2008

A New Place to Call Home


Matt and I are SO EXCITED about this! We have been making plans for this house since late November. It's been a bit of a hassle, but things are falling into place. It's a pre-fab, "kit built" home. We purchased the lot, and the home will be put onto it when the snow melts...if it melts :) We are going to have a 2 car garage and build a full, walkout basement. Our lot is in a new subdivision near us with a lot of young families. There are walking trails, little parks, and it's right in town. We are thrilled about this. I posted a few pictures, but they didn't turn out too well since there was so much sun shining in the windows......which by the way is my FAVORITE THING about this house! SO many huge windows....lots of light YAY! The house is a model home, so the furniture and decor isn't ours....but I will post when it is ours, cause it's going to be GREAT!


Living room





Master Bedroom


I love, love, LOVE the kitchen! SO much space, so much light, a big dining area...and I LOVE the bar!


I am also loving the hanging fixtures...pretty cool. There are also big glass doors in the dining room and we are going to put in a big deck outside.

The house is not too big, not too small, but juuuussstt right!....




11 comments:

Melanie Herway said...

That is absolutely beautiful. What a great place to raise a family and have many fond memories in.

Tomber's Heaven said...

Yay Jess!!! I'm so pumped for you guys! Oh it will be so nice to get into your very own home where you can feel settled. How wonderful! Congrats!

nicole said...

That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you guys!
Congratulations!

k8e said...

OH YAY! I love it! I absolutely love it! It is the cutest EVER! Will you please invite us over for tea and crumpets??? Pretty please!!!

Brooke said...

I can't believe all the snow! Loved your engagement story by the way...I have fond memories of BYU-I too, I miss it sometimes. Also--cutest house ever, I'm way excited for you guys!

Jen and Allen said...

Wow talk about running into long lost friends! How are you? The house looks like it will be beautiful!... So how long have you been married and what is he like? What have you been up to as of late? Im so glad you found me it will be great to keep up with you. Jen

Jodi Jean said...

that's exciting! congrats!! looks like a perfect place for your family!!

Kara said...

Congrats! That's awesome and it looks like it's going to be a beautiful home! I'm jealous, wish I could move home- maybe someday! Hope the snow melts soon!

Chris said...

LOVE the house. I'm so happy for you guys! And I'm so jealous that Matt does the dishes. I'm still trying to get Chris to figure that one out! hahaha.

grant + brittany said...

Its beautiful!! How Exciting!

Nicole said...

That is so exciting! I love the house, especially the kitchen! It sounds like it will be a great neighborhood. Congrats!