Friday, July 30, 2010

eleven months


My little angel is 11 months old. I don't care how cliche' it is; time travels fast. Too fast. Have I mentioned how in love with this boy I am? Oh yeah, I think I have about a bajillion times and I am almost certain that I love him even more each time I say it. Gosh that little guy makes my heart melt.

Beckham
has gotten even more attached to me in the last month. He's getting the "stranger danger" thing, but I think it's mostly an act. If he sees or hears me he puts on a big show until I am the one holding him. If I am not around he is content as can be. Manipulating me already? It's working. I am happy holding him all day long.

He still has a feisty temper. He goes from 0 to 60 in a millisecond. He screams, arches his back, kicks his legs like crazy, yells at me, etc. It's funny that he also goes from 60 to 0 in a millisecond when he gets what he wants. Manipulating me already? Maybe this one will give me a run for my money. I guess he deserves to be a little feisty, since 98% of the time he is the happiest baby around.

I am secretly, or not so secretly, enjoying the fact that he isn't crazy and all over the place yet. I loved that Kaden was so quick to learn new skills, but he was and is everywhere. I had to baby proof early on. He crawled, climbed, and messed with everything. I like that Beckham still seems to be such a baby to me. I am fine with him staying a baby for a long time, especially now that I know all is well with him.

He says mama, dada, ball, bye-bye, and nana quite consistently. He waves to everyone. I love the way he waves. He sticks his little arm in the air and waves his fingers toward himself. He points at everything. His little pointer finger is quite busy all of the time. He has seven teeth, and looks so much older now.

He eats like a champ. I can put literally any food in his mouth and he savors it. I haven't found a thing he doesn't like. Oh, and he gained a pound! He's just a hair over 19 now. So that means he is about a pound and a half up from where he was at 6 months. That is so weird to me.

He is still so deliberate in everything he does. I can't believe how aware and observant he is of everything going on around him. He still thinks Kaden is the funniest thing on earth. So do I. He's a happy baby who smiles and giggles all of the time. Every minute of his life has made my life even better.

2 comments:

grant + brittany said...

you are so awesome at updating. seriously. i have been wanting to write you an email so bad. so EXPECT it this week. ok?

i love that he waves at everyone. what a cutie.

i freaking love your comments. they make me laugh and just feel so good. i just love to see a comment from you.

grant + brittany said...

oh and the first paragraph on your phylis post is hilarious.