Saturday, November 20, 2010

snip-snip

I have been mulling over an idea for the past few months, and yesterday I took the plunge and did something drastic. I feel so brave. My hair has been driving me nuts. It was so long, wavy, and thick and just a mess. I probably only really did it on Sundays. Since I go to the gym, work, and have four sticky little hands always tangling themselves in my mass of hair, the rest of the time it was pulled up. It gets staticy and tangly. I almost throw a fit on a regular basis trying to comb through it. Anyway, I cut it. Boy, did I cut it, and I LOVE it!
I look so hardcore here. That's because I am. I cut 14 inches off! I am excited because my friend who cut it works at this fancy salon and they donate the hair to wigs for kids. The cut took forever because my hair has gotten so wacky since the boys came along. It's straight on top and freakishly curly/wavy and confused underneath. Glad Nicole took the time to make it perfect even though it was after hours and her date was waiting for her.


I just felt that it kind of looked like a small animal, or roadkill. The stylist tried to talk me out of it at first and it almost worked. I haven't really cut my hair since Kaden was a baby. I am so glad that I didn't chicken out. Then she said, "well, you do sort of look like you are 10, so this will make you look a little older..." I feel so free and my hair feels so fresh and healthy. Matt loves it and keeps saying it's hot. Hahaha. I love him. I'm stoked.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh. My. Gorgeous, Jess! Good decision! :-)

Anonymous said...

AHH! Jess, your hair is GORGEOUS! And just when I thought you couldn't get any prettier...
-stef ;)

Tara said...

Seriously, what's up with post-baby hair texture?? Mine is the same wavey mess in the back! Your cut looks GREAT!

Marisa said...

OH my gosh JESS!!!! It's STUNNING!!! I mean YOU are STUNNING!! I love it!!! SO CUTe!!!!!! :) I really love the cut! Great props to your hairstylist~!!!!! :) Seriously cute!!! :) I need to see it in person!! WE SHOULD HANG OUT!! :) call me! :) :) :)

The Red Crew said...

I feel it appropriate, as your cousin, that I reveal how incredibly gorgeous you are! I'm not exaggerating in the least. I think it must be the beauty within that radiates and makes you so breath taking outwardly! I would say go into modeling but I hear that is one crazy profession.

Hope you guys are doing fantastic!
You aren't making your way up to Utah for the Christmas Holiday are you?