Tuesday, May 10, 2011

feisty pants

This little boy is feistier than ever. His tantrums are crazy! I know that a lot of it is that he's almost 2 and is acting like a 2-year-old, with the added frustration of not being able to do all the running around the other kids his age are doing. But seriously! His attitude has me pulling my hair out sometimes, laughing in exasperation other times. I just can't believe how he will be the sweetest, smiliest, cutest little guy and then BAM, he's screaming like he's being murdered. The other day we were in the mall and I made him ride in the stroller--not his idea of a fun time. His shrieking and back arching began. I didn't want to give in so we tried to pretend he wasn't there. What else can you do? He was relentless. Don't get me started on what happened when I cut his hair or fingernails. I'm just not sure how to handle these little outbursts and I am worried he's going to ruin his vocal chords, have an aneurysm, or deafen me. Hopefully his "terrible twos" are starting early and he'll learn that his tactic doesn't get him what he wants. It's a battle of wills right now and we're at a stalemate.

1 comment:

grant + brittany said...

this makes me laugh. which i hope is okay. i laugh only because it's hard to picture beckham freaking out as i know him to be such a calm peaceful boy. but your words were just too funny, i really hope he doesn't deafen you. hahah. good job for being so patient though.