Wednesday, May 4, 2011

good genes?

I have to tease Traci a little just because it seems that every time we get together we have to take a family picture. Even though it's sort of a joke, I am actually really glad that she makes the effort. I love pictures and since we aren't all together that often, and kids change and grow so quickly, it's so great to have new pictures often. Even though the end result usually ends up looking great, the process isn't always pretty.

This little fiasco proved to be a challenge. We had planned on having the pictures taken in a 55 acre tulip utopia, only to wake up to several inches of snow on the ground. It was cold and wet but we were determined. We took a little walk down the street to the neighbor's backyard. The kids were wet by the time we got there and thinking the whole point to our outdoor adventure was to play. Beckham was so grumpy when we tried to hold him still for a picture. The older boys were throwing snow and never in the right spot. Poor Traci. I just had to laugh; there is a little too much ADD in this family. Despite the frustration and hilarity of the situation, I think a few of the shots actually turned out. Maybe I am biased, but I would say that this is a pretty good looking family.

No comments: