Wednesday, January 30, 2008

BURRIED!!!!

This is what I remember! Winter is like it was when I was growing up. Lots and LOTS of snow. It hasn't snowed like this for about 10 years...so this winter has seemed a little crazy....even though this is how it's always been...and how it's supposed to be. We used to sled off of our garage, build tunnels, forts and snowmen, and play until we were absolutely frozen and completely soaked. I love the snow. It is a lot of work, but I am grateful for the moisture because nothing makes me happier than a green summer with full lakes and streams. It is SO beautiful after the clouds clear and everything sparkles. I love living in a place where there are 4 distinct seasons, there is something beautiful all year round (although I have to say that winter takes more than it's fair share of the time) About 2 weeks ago we got three feet of snow, and this week we've gotten another two feet. This time we still have electricity! There is so much snow we literally have a 10-12 foot mound right in front of our house (I need to get a picture of that!). When we drive on our road it's like driving through a tunnel...quite the adventure!


Is this for real?


BBRRRRRRRRRR!!!!


7 comments:

Nicole said...

That is a ton of snow! I can't imagine digging myself out of all that. Tony and I found out Matt's cousin, his wife, and their new baby are in our ward! We spoke in sacrament meeting on visiting and home teaching and shared some experiences we had with both of you. They came up afterward and introduced themselves. I can't believe what a small world it is sometimes. If you have time next time you are in Utah, let us know-we would love to come say hi.

Team Avarell said...

I can't even believe it!! But I agree...this is how winters are supposed to be. I always tell Cameron that he missed out on all of the fun because I have so many memories of snow forts, sledding and skiing. When he lived there we never got that much snow. I am glad you have gotten to keep your electricity this time!! Stay warm!!

k8e said...

Holy smokes! You did get dumped on! I love it! That's how it used to be in La Jara growing up but it hasn't been like that in years. I think my parents did say this year was the most they have gotten in a long time. So how are ya? You should be getting a baby shower invite any day now! YAY! I hope you can come! If not we still have to get together the next time you come!I need to see your cute face!! I LUF UUUU!!!!

Tiffanie said...

Wow! That looks like lots of fun!

Kara said...

Wow, I have been hearing about all the snow from my mom, but she never sends me pictures. I remember when it used to snow like that too. I kind of miss it. I miss the 4 seasons and everything you talk about. Vegas is ugly and cold still. Not as cold as CO, but too cold to just play outside. Well, enjoy the beauty of it and look forward to spring and summer.

Josephine said...

Wow, that looks so fun. We only get maybe about 2 in at the most where we live.

Nicole said...

Unfortunately I don't remember Matt's cousin's name. I will have to find out again. I do know they just had a baby 8 weeks ago and they said they were going to have dinner with you guys last Sunday at Traci's house. I think it would work best for us to see you guys in March when you come!