Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Prayer Baby....


He's pretty good at workin' the camera.

Matt took a few pictures the other day of Kaden and I playing...I just had to post a few because I am totally in love with this little boy. He is amazing and wonderful and everything I could have ever dreamed of.

When Matt had been out of the hospital for about a month, we caught him praying in the kitchen one day. His mom said, "Matt, what are you praying about" and his reply was, "Oh, I am just praying that soon Jess and I can make you a grandma". It was cute but I was thinking, "yeah, maybe in like 10 years". (At that point Matt was like a baby. He needed help with almost EVERYTHING...even putting on his socks was a confusing and difficult task.) He prayed for a baby pretty much everytime he prayed. I am not sure what made him so fervent in his efforts, but obviously he had some special connection with the Almighty, and major influence.

When I found out I was pregnant I almost died of shock. I have mentioned this before, but I was SO overwhelmed and worried about it. I prayed about it and instantly felt assured and overcome with a feeling of peace. I knew it was the right thing. I still tease Matt that he should be praying to heal, to regain memory, etc. since he has a very special "power". heehee.



Kaden came here for Matt....and he came here for ME. He is my world. I cannot imagine life without his special spirit in our family. He brings us constant joy. I love every second with this baby. He takes the stress OUT of life. I know that Kaden has a very special and unique spirit. He has a purpose in this family. He is a constant ray of sunshine and love. He gets his constant affection from his dad. He will all of a sudden be overcome with excitement and trot over to me as fast as he can and give me the biggest hugs and slobbery kisses. Nothing could make me happier. I love this littly boy more than words can express and I know that God knew what he was doing when he answered Matt's prayers.

***oh, and funny story. We had been here in Co. for about 4 months (and I was about 4 months pregnant, and still not telling many people). We were asked to speak in church. Matt was still a little uninhibited, and he was giving his talk. The topic was faith. He started by saying, "my wife Jessica, she was on birth control..." Immediately the bishop looked over to me as to question if he should stop him....haha. Matt continued, "but I am going to be a Dad, so apparently God doesn't care about that (b.c.)." It was hilarious and classic, I am sure no one in that meeting will ever forget that!***


"Mom....this is embarrassing...you are totally squishing my face!" I can't help it, he is SO kissable. It's like a reflex....I must kiss him at least 50x a day. MUUUAAAAAH!

8 comments:

Jodi Jean said...

its amazing how god knows we are ready for things when we dont know it yet.

i joke constantly with people, with both of my pregnancies rob and i started talking about "in a couple months we'll start trying" and then "oops, i'm already preggo"

its like heavenly father is like, oooooh so you wanna be parents, ok there you go!!

sheesh, i'm so glad you have kaden in your lives to be the little ray of sunshine that he is. he is such a special spirit of our heavenly father and i know he was meant to be in your family!!!

Robin Randolph said...

I think he was sent here for all his grandparents too!!! :)
You know what a total pile of mush I am around this baby. I don't even wipe his nose if I think it will make him unhappy!!! Ha. He has my heart--hook, line, and sinker. And SO DO YOU!!!! I love you!

Scott and Jamie said...

Hey Matt, I hope you remember me from EDH,CA... I am Christie Pace's daughter. Anywho, I found your blog off of Lindsay Olsen's (cooper), thought I'd say hey! Your little boy is simply adorable. Take Care! ~Jamie

Staci said...

Hi Jess! It's Staci from BYU-I! I got your comment on my blog awhile ago and I couldn't remember if I ever replied to say hello back! It was so great to hear from you and I love checking your blog to get to know your little family better! You have such a beautiful family! Are you going to Katrina's wedding next month? I'm going and am taking Carli (my little girl, because she flies for free!) But that would be great to see you! Hope you guys are doing great!

Kara said...

Jessica, you DO write so well and I love what you have to say about your sweet baby boy. I feel the same way, I can't imagine life without him. That is so special and you guys are such a great family. I'm so happy for you and I heard about the talk in Sacrament mtg, that was so sweet!

Brooke said...

I absolutely love reading your blog! You never knew how much love you could have for one little person, did you? They truly are angels sent straight from Heaven right when we need them! That is SO funny what Matt said in his church talk, so cute that he prayed so hard for baby Kaden.

Katie said...

I haven't read blogs for a while and just happened upon yours today. I just have to tell you what a cute little family you are and how inspirational you are for everyone! love all the pictures and the classic story of Matt speaking in church. Too good.

Jodi said...

What a cute little guy Kaden is. I remember when Mike and I came to visit you two with the Shifflers and Nicole was pregnant and Matt said he wanted a baby soon. We all just laughed. It's crazy how life sometimes throws us curveballs that turn out to be just what we need. I love reading your blog. Your little family is such an inspiration.