Tuesday, March 25, 2008

These are the simple things...

Finally! The snow is melting and the sun is shining!
I know that I post countless pictures of seemingly repetitive things...but these are our special memories. Someday, I will publish these postings into a book. A family treasure. My family is the most important thing to me and moments like these uplift and bring immeasureable joy.


Kaden kicked this soccer ball around for 15 minutes and just giggled and giggled. Is there anything better on this earth than a laughing child? Not to me; I could listen to him giggle all day. In fact, I make a complete fool out of myself just to get this memorable, most adorable reaction. Yes, I am obsessed with this child...it's true.


He is learning to run too, and he holds his arms up high and shrieks with excitement. He's getting to be faster than Matt! Matt was chasing him around today, and Kaden was winning. It's okay babe, he'll be faster than I am in no time. Then we will just have to out-think him!...Except, he is also getting quite clever...


He went down the slide about a million times and squealed every time.


I could say that we went to the park today for Kaden's enjoyment...but that wouldn't be true. I was feeling cooped up and was dying for fresh air. I enjoyed this little outing SO much. I wish we could have spent the entire day basking in the beautiful sunlight. It is definitely the simple things in this life that make it so sweet. I am so glad that we can notice those simple things and enjoy each moment as it comes. Honestly, seeing my handsome boys playing together and laughing with no control or grace, with their silly noises and expressions, is the epitome of happiness.

2 comments:

Kara said...

I couldn't agree more. I think that a happy, giggling child is all a Mom could ever ask for. I love the picture of Kaden going down the slide with his belly hanging out. He looks like he's having so much fun. We need to move closer, cause I think Nathan and Kaden would have so much fun together. Nathan loves balls too. I love how he loved shaking the basketball egg too.

Jodi Jean said...

oh how fun! i love watching my husband play with aidan. isn't it just amazing??