Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th!

The 4th of July is one of my very favorite holidays and always has been. We have a lot of fun traditions and try to participate in all of the fun festivities going on around town. I love being too hot, too tired, and too thirsty. I love watching the parades, listening to patriotic music, seeing all of my friends, enjoying fireworks...eating LOTS of yummy food....I could go on and on. This year, I was sad to have to work all day. I got off just in time to grab a quick bite to eat and head off to the fireworks. Matt was in California with his family, so things just weren't quite right! I will have to make up for all that I missed next year!

Kaden spent the day with my parents and he loved every minute. He loved it too much in fact, and hardly slept at all and was quite rascally all day. I think that the "Rascal" shirt he was wearing had some sort of subliminal effect on him. Or maybe it was all the candy and sweets he ate. He was quite the handful I heard, and I was able to experience that the rest of the weekend! I think he's getting back to normal finally!



We had our traditional breakfast together, but it was weird not having Matt, Michaela or "Bud" there. We always go out to eat and have a giant meal full of deliciousness....mmmmm. I had to get going right after we ate, but Kaden went in to Bayfield for the parade and all the other fun things going on in town.

After the parade Kaden got to play on the slip and slide and in the sprinklers that were set up in the park. He loved them and got completely soaked.




Then they were off to the lake for a boat ride!

Having fun on the boat with Nana and Papa.

Looking a little dazed and confused. I think he was starting to come down from his sugar high.


Love my little man....can't believe how big he is getting!

1 comment:

nicole said...

the 4th of july is one of my very favorites too! i loved how you said you love being too hot, too tired, too thirsty...etc, because i love those things too! you decribed all of the things that i love most about this holiday. how sad that you had to work! i'm glad that you got to at least enjoy a fun breakfast with (part)of your family, and go to the fireworks...at least you didn't miss out completely!