Wednesday, July 30, 2008

icky-sticky, ooey-gooey...

While we were visiting Utah, Kaden slept in this spacious pack-n-play. He actually slept pretty well there...as far as a "needs no sleep, refuses to sleep anywhere other than own or mom's bed" kid goes. So I put him down before the 1pm church meeting (which is the WORST time for church, might I add). I warned Matt of eminent death upon entering that room. He had already been the cause of late night awakenings (which may or may not have caused a few moments of shakiness in the marriage). Kaden went down without a fuss and all was well.

So imagine my dismay when I heard interesting noise coming from behind the closed door. "Matt, I told you not to go in there!" I thought in my mind, trying so hard to maintain patience. I cracked the door open, and in the most sweet voice imagineable heard, "Oh no. Uh oh momma...." over and over.

I entered and saw a precious toddler with an open 1lb bag of redvines, and about 10 in each grimy, sticky little fist. He just kept saying "oh no" over and over, like the red vines had hopped out of my purse, off the bedside table, and attacked him in his sleep. I believed his story, it was just too cute to debate. I can't say I blame him, I have a huge weekness for redvines (clearly, who has a 1LB! bag in their purse? honestly....that's almost pathetic).


Face, hands, and legs, COVERED in red goo.

Look at that face, wouldn't you believe his story too?

Clean and fresh. I would have to say there is nothing more cute than a baby bundled up in a towel.

2 comments:

Kara said...

What a little sneaky boy! Cute though, and how funny that he knew he was making a mess and saying"uh oh". That is so sweet- how can you get mad over that?

Jodi Jean said...

haha! that is an excellent story ... seriously your kaden and my aidan sound SOO dang similar its scary sometimes!!