Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Seven Peaks!!

Last Friday I ventured up to Utah to pick up Matt. I hadn't seen him in over 2 weeks and missed him like crazy! Traci took us to Seven Peaks and we had a blast. I think Kaden must have thought it was one of the best days of his life. He is a happy kid almost 100% of the time, but this day, he was absolutely beside himself. He was thrilled and could not get enough.




Trevor's girlfriend Heidi joined us and it was so much fun to hang out with her and get to know her better. She is so cute and Kaden fell in love with her instantly. When he would get mad at me, he was sure she would save him.


Walking around with Granna.


Heidi and Me. We had the best spot in the shade.


Matt after he went down the slide. He had so much fun and they let him wear his brace and shoes, which made things a lot easier. He is so SKINNY! I have been trying to put weight on him for over a year and it just isn't happening...he could use AT LEAST 15 lbs!!!!


Kaden LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the slides....not the baby slides, the BIG slides. I used to work at Seven Peaks (the summer I met Matt), and I have NEVER gone as fast down those slides as Kaden and I did. Maybe we are just a lot heavier together ;) haha. Anyway, he LOVED it, and yelled "WOOOOO!!!!!" the whole way down. He was in Heaven.

"Yeeehaw mom, let's go again!!!!"

We decided to take a little break for lunch, and Kaden left the pool pointing at me and saying "no" over and over, and kicking his legs. We got to our spot, he grabbed the tube, and started up the hill toward the slide tower. He was convinced we were going again.




LOVES bananas.
After a few hours he was exhausted. We'd gone in the river (where he loved just floating in his life jacket....kicking like crazy. I think he felt like a big boy), down slides and had been all over. He, Heidi and I were waiting in line for the cave slide for a long time and he totally fell asleep. When it was finally our turn, I tried to wake him up but he was practically comatose. So, we headed down anyway. He is the lightest sleeper, so I knew he'd wake up. Nope, we made it all the way down, hit the catch pool at 100 mph, a tidal wave completely SOAKED us, and he stayed asleep!!! So he rested on the blanket for a while, and soon was ready for more.


Matt modeling the tubes....
and just being himself....


When he finally decided to eat, he was ravenous. He chomped down half a bag of goldfish.

We had the most fun day, I'm so glad we decided to go!!!!

4 comments:

grant + brittany said...

You all look so cute! I love the picture of him chomping on goldfish. Its so cute. hahaha. I want to eat him! Looks like such a fun day!

Jodi Jean said...

that looks like a blast!!

Kara said...

I love this post! Kaden is so adventurous and I can't beleive he slept through a water slide and everything! He must have been so tired. I LOVE Seven Peaks! We'll have to take Nathan there sometime- I bet he'll love it too!

Anonymous said...

I was so bummed i couldn't go with you guys. Stupid job. Kaden is so adorable, i loved that he still tried to go down the slide by himself.