Saturday, April 3, 2010

my co-pilots


Last night I decided to participate in a fundraiser 5k. The race was this morning. I told Kaden about it and he got so excited to "race". He talked about it all morning. I was going to borrow a friend's jogger, since mine is only a single, but the wheel was bent and it just wasn't working for us, so we used my double. I love this stroller (the kids can face forward, backward, toward each other, the car seat can attach, the wheels are awesome) and have done quite a bit of running with it. Let me just say that pushing my munchkins is tough. Really, really tough. (The weight of babies+stroller is nearing 90lbs!)

Kaden loved every minute. He jabbered and got excited and every now and then would yell "good job mom!". We ran on the prettiest path along the river and the train tracks. He was so excited about the tracks.
Beckham was a champ and slept most of the way. He is so stinkin' adorable, but why in the world does he look so big in these pictures??!?! I am going to start leaving him in his footie pajamas; they make him look more like a baby.
We finished! The distance seemed really short, but I was definitely tired pushing those boys. It was a fantastic thing to do on a Saturday morning. I saw a few friends and met some really fun people. There were actually quite a few other moms and dads with strollers. I was the only double and people were treating us like celebrities; it was quite funny. I am so glad that I decided to do this last minute. I think I liked it mostly because I was outside enjoying a beautiful day with my beautiful boys, and they were loving it too.
-
After naps and conference, Kaden and I dyed these seriously awesome Easter eggs. Kaden picked the eyes and mouths for each one and I stuck them on. Hilarious.

2 comments:

Robin's Ramblings said...

You are the best little MOM!!!!!!!

ivyjeanne said...

So impressive, I love how you decide to run it the night before and pull it off with BOTH BOYS in tow.

Also, can I ask what kind of stroller you have? Looks mighty nice and my sister is looking for a good double.