Monday, January 11, 2010

little artist


I love watching his excitement as he uses his imagination and creativity. He loves to color, draw, play with playdoh, and paint. It's so important for a child to explore and create. Sometimes he doesn't quite get the point that we "only color on paper". I have found crayon on the side of our house, walls, his shoes, the floor, and various other "no, no" places. He is quick to tell someone else the rules, and when he's caught he says he is sorry he was naughty. It's a little more exciting to take liberty with whatever canvas is appealing.

Art with Kaden is so fun for me. It takes me back to when I was little. My mom always had a fun project for us. I still love the smell of crayons and paint, or a fresh tub of playdoh. I love bright colors and textures. I feel like a kid again and the wheels in my brain are turning as I am thinking up the best little art space for the boys. I am getting excited.

2 comments:

Robin's Ramblings said...

I need to bring down the chalkboard/easel. I love that he loves art. And that you do too!!!

Nicole said...

this post makes me so happy. you're great to encourage this.