Tuesday, January 17, 2012

winter

Two days ago our grass was green. I have quite enjoyed the dry time, but have wondered if winter would show up.  We have had about 4 inches total snow all winter.  Then, it snowed!  Kaden and I made a snowman.  It's already melted quite a bit, but it is supposed to snow again this weekend.  I love winter, I actually love snow, and one of my favorite things about living here is experiencing all four seasons fully, dramatically, and in their entirety.  I just need the sun to shine 90% of the time.
I love taking the kids on walks, pulling them on the sled. I love building forts, hearing the snow crunch under my feet, curling up on the couch with a blanket to read stories.  I love scarves and coats and boots. I love hot cider, soup, and homemade bread.  Those things are more delicious and exciting when it's freezing. Winter just tends to last a little too long around here, usually.  This year might end up being just right.

No comments: