Wednesday, August 29, 2012

my baby is 3

On Sunday this little man turned 3.  He's grown so much in the last year I can't believe it.  I adore this kid.  He's such a joy in our family.  He is a feisty one.  When he is being sweet there is no cuter or more lovable kid on earth.  When he is being naughty and screaming?  There is no child more naughty!  I am so attached to him.  I find myself actually wanting to carry him from his bed to mine just so that I can snuggle up to him.  He is so loving and affectionate and he is obsessed with his mama.  I don't mind one bit (usually).    He talks and talks and has an amazing vocabulary and a cute sense of humor.  He is starting to become just a bit more adventurous.  I am head over heels in love with this boy.
 
We did a really simple, low-key party for him after church.  We had some fresh homemade veggie pizza and strawberries.  We had cake and ice cream too, of course.
Beckham greeted his guests like any good host would....by screaming and running away? He eventually warmed up after he realized he wouldn't be kidnapped and his mom wouldn't abandon him.  The boy's social skills need some serious refining.
"Why would I even bother with that candle? You fools are letting me lick all of the frosting and do whatever I want to this cake.  I'm going to take my time with this..."
I love my Dad's face.  We were trying to get him to blow out his candle.  He eventually did...with help from his brother.  He blew and blew, but he blows through his teeth so he wasn't too successful.  It was so cute watching him try though.

He loved his gifts. He took his sweet time getting to them, just like he does with everything.  He is very methodical and likes to take everything slowly.  He didn't even know how to unwrap a present, and really wasn't interested in trying.  Once he realized Papa had the tool to get the trapped toys from their box, he thought he might as well open the present too.
 Beckham was beyond happy with the set of cars he got from Nana and Papa.  He has been carrying them around ever since.  He also got a fun car from his brother, and a sweet bike from Mom and Dad.  He was so excited about that little bell on the handle bars.  After just a few minutes with the bike he wasn't dropping it anymore and sort of figuring out how to move it a little.  It will take a bit of time, but I think he will get it down and love it.  It will be so good for him, too.
It's hard to believe three years ago this big boy was a tiny 5lb baby in the NICU.  He's grown so much.  I love you, my sweet little Becksie boy!

No comments: