Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bidding Adieu


We will be moving in the next few weeks, and I just have to pay tribute to this wonderul, little house we've been living in the past 2 1/2 years. It is adorable and has been perfect for us. We were given a steal on our rent and could not ask for better landlords. They are always trying to make things easier for us. The house is all of about 900 sq. ft., so we have learned to be quite creative in arranging a small space. I am excited to have storage..among other things. It will be nice to live in town, save money on commuting, and it will be helpful for Matt working and getting around. I have lived up here in Vallecito my whole life almost, and I will miss it. I will miss having the lake right next door, having hiking trails within miles, and having the peaceful, laid back feeling. I will miss being able to run to my parents house in a matter of minutes (but I get it, maybe I should at least loosen the apron strings a tiny bit). I am so excited to move to our new place, redecorate a bit, have new opportunities, etc. but there are difinitely a lot of things I will miss.

The living room. This house is so bright and sunny, I love it.

I am also really looking forward to having color on my walls!
The little gas-log fireplace is one of my favorite things. It just poofs on when the temp. gets too chilly, or we can just flip the switch. It gives the house such a warm, cozy feeling.


Kaden's room/Matt's changin area and closet/office/extra storage. The multi-purpose room. You can see how packed everything is in this room! Matt will be thrilled to have a closet in our bedroom, I'm sure. Kaden will be thrilled to have his own space, and not to be interrupted when he's trying to snooze, I'm sure.

Our little bedroom. The bed takes up most of it, but it's cozy.

I have become so attached to this house, I really will miss it. I almost feel like I have to have an application and interviewing process for the next renters. It's been wonderful to us, we've created a lot of memories here, and it will always have a special place in my heart.

4 comments:

Kara said...

I'm so happy for you to finally be getting into your new house!!! It looks like no matter where you live, you'll make it cute and homey! It is exciting to have color on the walls- that's the first thing we did when we bought our house. It's fun to decorate again and have more space. I still dream of that! Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures of the new place all done up!

Robin's Ramblings said...

I will miss that cute little house too. :(
And I will miss having you so close but I am super excited for you to have a nice home of your own and not have to drive forever to go places!

cari said...

Hope everything goes well with your move. Your family is adorable.

Jodi Jean said...

oh how hard ... but you'll grow to love your new home just as much. and you'll make new memories in the new one. good luck with the move!