Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's PRINCESS to you!

Matt's glasses somehow managed to find themselves under the merciless tires of our automobile. The poor guy is practically blind without them.

We made an emergency trip into the eye doctor, and $300 later, he's got an even stronger prescription (they'll be ready in a week, hope he makes it that long). I am wondering if he's going to actually go blind. Each time we go his eyes are worse...yikes.
.
We went to Walmart to get the new frames and prescription. Matt was so funny; he was trying to get a free pair since the frames he had were supposed to be indestructable, the "bendy" kind. The lady was just laughing at him and staring at his glasses in a crumpled heep. They were sort of busy, so I decided to pick up a few things while we waited.
.
Apparently they were ready before I was, so Matt and the optical lady decided to have some fun. Pretty soon my "name" is being called on the loudspeaker...
.
"Princess Wood, will you please come see your handsome husband at the optical center?" (oh, and it was definitely announced more than once). I just started laughing.


Matt started calling me "princess" when he was first speaking again, and it sort of stuck. It's a bit corny, but he actually believes I am a princess, so to speak, so I figure I'll let him go on believing it until he figures out the truth. I am just waiting for the day when Kaden calls me princess...

5 comments:

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

My first comment got messed up. That is so cute! I'm sure more than a few people got a smile when they heard that.

Your family pictures are great! What a cute little family you have.

Jodi Jean said...

haha ... that's pretty cute!

hkjhjhk said...

That is so cute. Be proud of that title! :-)

Gina Rochelle said...

That's too sweet! Love love love your family pics!