Tuesday, June 29, 2010

my loveable rascal



This boy makes me so happy, and so frustrated! I absolutely love this wonderful, fun age of three. He says the funniest things, does the silliest stuff, and is so full of love, wonder, and excitement. Kaden lights up my world, like he always has. He is a beam of sunshine, a ray of light that makes everyday beautiful. He is so excitable and happy. He loves attention and isn't one bit shy. His spirit is larger than life. The world is his oyster and he believes that everything was put here just for him and his happiness. He loves attention and will do just about anything to get it. He has a need for affirmation and praise.

He loves to read books. He lives for his nap and bedtime stories. He loves to be creative, making things out of play-doh or painting pictures. I love the things he comes up with and the way he mixes color together. He is obsessed with his trains and plays with them day in and day out. He amazes me with his ability to put things together, build intricate layouts with bridges, tunnels, etc. He's always had amazing manual dexterity and fine motor skills. He's a little engineer.

He is sensitive and emotional. He gets very concerned when someone is sad or angry. He worries about Beckham when he cries. He asks me multiple times a day, "mom, are you happy?". His primary teachers tell me he is always concerned for other kids that are sad, hugging and kissing them, telling them it's going to be okay. His feelings get hurt easily and he is quick to cry. Sometimes this drives me crazy, but I like to know that even though he is a rough and tough boy, he has a sensitive little spirit. He still sticks his bottom lip out, just like he has since the day he was born. I still think it's cute.

He loves to be outside. He loves to help water our garden, pull weeds and dig in the dirt. We have the best time jumping on the trampoline, playing in the sprinkler, coloring on the driveway, and exploring outside. I have the hardest time getting him to wear shoes. His wonderfully soft baby feet are now becoming calloused, never-quite-clean boy feet. He has a spattering of lovely freckles across his face. If asked where his freckles came from he says proudly, "the angels kiss Kaden!". One morning he came into my bed with me and gently rubbed his hand over my face. He said, "The angels love Mama. They love Mama so much!" He is looking so grown up to me. There is no trace of baby left in him. I love the little person he is growing into.

No comments: