Friday, September 17, 2010

demoted

I've been demoted, but that's okay. Kaden just wants his daddy to read him his bedtime stories. Matt is a champion bedtime-story-reader. He makes up accents, voices, sound effects, and adds extra touches all over the place. The other night I could hear him reading from the kitchen and he was being hilarious. Kaden was hysterically laughing so I grabbed the video camera. I started to take the video and within moments Kaden spotted me and said, "Mom, can you please go out and shut the door?". Rejection. Oh-well. I will gladly take the backseat so these two can share a few precious moments together at bedtime.

Yesterday Kaden had a very busy day with friends and didn't get his nap. He bounces off the walls nonstop and he is miserable on the evenings when he hasn't napped all day. Matt was reading and looked over to see Kaden fast asleep. So stinkin' cute I can hardly take it.

4 comments:

Matticus said...

Matthew Keith Wood, agrees - that IS, "So stinkin' cute," that "can hardly take it," EITHER! Man; I love that boy, TOO!

Matticus said...

Matthew Keith Wood, agrees - that IS, "So stinkin' cute," that "can hardly take it," EITHER! Man; I love that boy, TOO!

Tyrell Berner said...

Everett does the same thing to me. He will only laugh for Jake.... but he only smiles for me so I guess we're even!

Durrant said...

Boys LOVE their daddies! So sweet!